Friday, September 11, 2009

vroom vroom

I don't have a normal taste in cars. For some strange reason, my "dream car" is a super teeny tiny car. I don't need anything fancy, no gps or bluetooth or reading my mind. Just give me an adorable car.

My registration is expiring in November, and there's a very very large chance I will get a new car in the next year. So, why bother paying a registration fee twice in one year?

My absolute favorite car is the smart fourtwo. However, it only seats two, so having it as my primary car is a ridiculous idea. Practically, I drive alone 70% of the time, and then another 20% is just me and another person. But I can't just completely give up on the option of seating more people that 10% of the time.

Because I am a dork, I made an online spreadsheet with possible models and features I want. The features list is woefully weak. In the end, it came down to length, because everything else was all pretty much the same.

My lovely smartcar was, of course, the shortest:

And second came the Toyota Yaris:
151" is over two feet shorter than my passat. And the yaris is pretty adorable. AND it's the car Gus drives on Psych:
I have that listed under "Pro" for the Yaris. The Yaris, however, was the only car on the spreadsheet with a con, with center-mounted dials. And the only other car with a pro or con was the kia rio's purse hook (pro). I have weird ways of making decisions.

So I have a blue Yaris picked out to copy Gus, because I love the show and would giggle every time I saw the car, at least until Gus gets a new car on the show. I still have to decide whether I want stick or automatic. I like driving stick. I like the slight feeling of superiority, the small moments of impressiveness when people notice I'm driving a stick. I like how I can be fake-nice and offer to let other people borrow my car and bank on the fact that they don't know how to drive stick.

But. And there's always a but. Stephen won't learn how to drive on a stick. And right now in my mind the source of all our problems is the fact that he doesn't drive. Now, I'm fully aware that it does not cause any problems, and that the problems will still be there even if he learns how to drive. But, every time I get upset with him I always yell at him "learn how to drive!" even though it might not have anything to do with anything, and then he gets upset that I'm bringing that up every single time. And, of course, my retort is, "If you learned then I wouldn't bring it up anymore would I?" It's not healthy.

Decisions.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Blue Yaris. Standard. Do it :)

Anonymous said...

maybe you should say 'learn how to swim!'