Friday, March 6, 2009

18. Only eat out at restaurants I've never been to for two months

This one was hard. Not because the task itself was hard, but it was hard remembering. I cheated once. I went to PF Chang's fully aware I was cheating, but Stephen didn't seem to care. He was the one who actually cared about going to new restaurants. The other time I cheated was at IKEA, because I had forgotten about it. But Stephen deemed IKEA not a real restaurant (nor In-n-Out/fast food), so it was all good.

I totally could have started over winter break, from the cruise (everywhere in Vegas was new), but my first night back I had Pho...meaning I started Jan 5. I even started a Yelp account, to review all these new restaurants I went to. Of course, I started Yelping Jan 26 and don't remember any restaurant I went to before that.

Here are the new (to me) restaurants I've been to in the past two months:
Ming's for dim sum: don't do it.
Palo Alto Sol: do it, but the cilantro in the camarones con cilantro is drenched in alcohol
Cafe Pro Bono: do it, it's amazing. but don't get their gelato, go to gelato classico
Hyderabad House: do it, and get the free chai!
Kingfish: do it if you want, but they're a little full of themselves
Ryowa Ramen: omg I love ramen
Darbar: do it, but remember to get the yogurt
Dancy Sushi: it looks super sketchy, but it is seriously amazing.
Ruth's Chris: don't. just don't...
Pho Truong Long in Redwood city: I had to go to Redwood City to find a pho place I hadn't been to...love pho.
New Saffron: who knew I loved Indian food so much?
Il Fornaio: go to cafe pro bono instead

Huh, I eat out a lot don't I.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

do you go to cafe coupa at all?